St. Andrew's Episcopal School was founded in 1951 as a faith based school with the goal to provide exceptional educational opportunities within a Christian environment.
In its first year, the School was a single Kindergarten class meeting in the basement of St. Andrew's Church. In subsequent years, the School grew to include Pre-K and elementary grades, and eventually a Middle School. The first 8th Grade class graduated in 1992.
In the 1980's, enrollment at the School had grown so large that more space was needed to accommodate the students. Additional property was purchased and the main building was completed in 1985. In addition to new classrooms, the new facility included a Library, Gymnasium, Computer Lab and Cafeteria. The Margaret Teel Building opened in 1999, with Primer - Kindergarten classrooms on the first floor and an option for the growing Middle School on the second floor.
In January of 2008, the Middle School expansion became a reality with more than 14,000 feet of educational space with additional classrooms and a dedicated Middle School Library and a Commons Area. Also with the renovation came new and improved areas for the Visual Arts, Orchestra and Music programs, and a new Assembly Hall.
Today, St. Andrew's is a place where the dreams and visions set forth so many years ago, come to life in the daily interactions of our students and teachers.